Tuesday, June 26, 2012
WORDS
Words can heal, hurt, destroy, transform,love.....
I know my words have done damage sometimes, there is a point when it spews out and you realize that your words have become "word vomit" as I have heard that term several times in passing. Our tongues are powerful things. I have also come to find out that in the pursual of my walk with the Lord - people have had a lot of words for me some good some bad, some not to my face but that I have overheard. We all have words, but it's what we use them for that matters. For me, I am going to walk closely with God and learn how to talk all over again and be intentional about having love in my heart and not negativity because what is in my heart overflows out of me and through my words. I am not saying that everything will be Rosey or Peachy Keen.....no, but what I CHOOSE TO SAY AND NOT SAY will be kinder and gentler to the best of my ability - with the guidance from God, Jesus & the Holy Spirit.
A dear friend left this Poem on my Face Book Page and I would like to share it now with you:
When I say I am a Christian....
When I say ..."I'm a Christian" I'm not shouting I am saved" I am whispering "I get lost!"
"That is why I chose this way"
When I say..."I am a Christian" I dont speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need someone to be my guide.
~Tina Rigney~
Those are beautiful words! I have promised God that I will follow him where he leads and I will be more aware of what is in my heart which flows from my mouth I will guard my heart always for I have come to now live in God's mighty Stronghold and I never want to go back to the Stronghold of the world.
In the Bible in the Book of Proverbs Chapter 26 Verses 18 - 19 says this:
People who shrug off deliberate deeptions, saying, "I didn't mean it, I was only joking," Are worse than careless campers who walk away from smoldering campfires. ~ what I take from these verses is this: once you say the hurtful "jabs" at someone they stick and just because you said "just kidding" well that does not erase the pain and sometimes without you knowing what seemed to you as harmless may stick with that person like a smoldering fire that grows into some really bad stuff - when in turn it could have been avoided completely....I will proactive in searching my heart and doing some weeding.
This is the Road I am now headed down:
Philppians 3:12 - 14 Focused on the Goal (Msg. Bible)
I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wonderously reached out for me. Friends, don't get we wrong. By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward--to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I am not turning back.
Have a great day everyone and may helpful, healing loving words flow from you today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment